Fanny is an experienced trainer and expert facilitator in Somatic Psychotherapy.
With background in nursing and social work, Fanny found her life mission in 2004 after receiving counselling and benefitting from it. Since then she has developed a strong interest in body-oriented psychotherapy. She has continued to learn from various masters in Somatic Experiencing® (SE) and Focusing (Focusing-oriented Therapy) since 2008. She’s a qualified SEP (Somatic Experiencing® Practitioner) since 2012 and she’s been providing supervision to SE students since 2016. Fanny also became certified as Focusing trainer in 2014.
In addition to deep belief in body wisdom, Fanny has received both extensive and intensive training in many other modalities, such as AEDP (Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy), Systemic Constellation, NLP and Satir Model Therapy. After more than 10 years’ of practice, she integrates different approaches to become her unique holistic way of working with clients. In terms of training, her lively and dynamic presentation, supplemented with experiential exercises, can enhance students’ learning about complicated concepts.
Prior to becoming a healing facilitator and trainer, Fanny had 10 years working experience in the paediatric field and another 10 years in administrative position, responsible for quality management and staff training. Through her work she is now living her life mission in bringing more peace, hope and joy to the world, as well as to support people to develop their unique potentials.
- Somatic Experiencing® Practitioner (Somatic Experiencing Trauma Institute, USA)
- Focusing Trainer for both adults and children (International Focusing Institute, USA)
- Wholebody Focusing Oriented Therapist (International Focusing Institute, USA)
- Ego State Therapist (Ego State Therapy International)
- Systemic Constellation Facilitator (Human Systems Institute, USA)
- Integral Somatic Psychology Therapist (Whole Person Centre, HK)
- NLP Practitioner (Professional Effectiveness Management Institute, HK)
- Registered Social Worker (Social Workers Registration Board, HK)
- Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife (Nursing and Midwives Board of HK)
- Master of Social Work (University of Hong Kong)
- Master of Science (Health & Hospital Mgt) (University of Birmingham)
- Bachelor (Hon) & Diploma of Health Science (Nursing) (HK Polytechnic University)
- Diploma in Adult Education and Training with Distinction (HKU: SPACE)
- Level I-III Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy (AEDP) (Mental Health Association of Hong Kong)
- Certificate Programme on Suicide Prevention and Treatment (HKU: Centre for Suicide Research & Prevention)
- Training Courses on Anticipatory Grief, Bereavement Counselling & Traumatic Bereavement (HKU: Centre on Behavioral Health)
- Therapy in the Satir Model (HKU: Centre on Behavioral Health)
- Certificate in Child Mental Health (HKU: SPACE)
- Child-centered Play Therapy (CU: Continuing Professional Education)
- Professional Certificate in OH Cards Facilitation (HK Institute of OH Psychology)